Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yahoo for global warming!

It is 10 AM and already 66 here today. We will be having a picnic at the playground for lunch today, and it will be warm enough when Jon gets off duty for me to do my run outside instead of on the treadmill. It's amazing how weather affects us.
My sisters will get this: when Katie went outside to put the dog on her leash this morning, she came back and asked, "Mom, how many more days until Creation?" Since she asks this every 2-3 days, I was prepared with a countdown ticker on the computer (it's 134 days, 19 hours and 54 minutes as of right now). She said, "Oh, I thought it might be sooner, because the weather today feels like a Creation morning." I vividly remember discussing "Creation weather" with Gwenn on the way to our bus stop on spring mornings.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

2 comments:

Jen said...

heya gretchen...just found your blog and am cracking up. i miss you!!

Melody Strayer said...

Yes, that's true. There is a certain little something in the air sometimes that reminds me of Creation...

And your ticker reminds me of how me and Chrissy used to count down.