Tuesday, February 5, 2008

One reason I love North Carolina

I took the kids to the beach to play today. At 3:30 in the afternoon, it was 70+ degrees here, and beautiful. When we got there, my friend Sharon was there with her boys and a friend of ours from our homeschool group arrived with her three girls shortly after. It was fun, just sitting and talking while the kids ran and got wet and sandy (bleccch). They brought me a pile of shells and some shell-pod thing...also some feathers which they insisted were "quills" and could I please stop on the way home and get some ink so they could write with them? They are all passed out in bed now, and I should be getting dinner, but I wanted to get this down so I can remind myself that there ARE good moments in my days. Sometimes I get too fogged down with other stuff to remember that, for the most part, my life is pretty neat.

No comments: