Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oddly enough...






our dinner last night did NOT feature any food coloring. Some colorful food (see pictures), but not Red Dye #40 or anything.
It was delicious, though, and I wanted to share the menu. It's a rare occurrence that I go "all-out" with the whole dinner thing. Most of the time, I feel like if my kids don't eat peanut butter and jelly twice in one day, I'm doing pretty good. But we had our dear friend Neil (I like to call him Nile, but probably no one else will get that, so I'll leave it alone) over to join us, and we had:
roasted chicken with garlic cloves
pilaf of brown rice, wheat berries and quinoa w/ curry
roasted zucchini, grape tomatoes and scallions
wilted spinach salad (again with the bacon! Yes, I love it! Back off!)
strawberry shortcake for dessert

It was outstanding, if I do say so myself (and I just did).
The pictures are of the veggies (because they were so pretty and colorful) and the dessert (because it was just all that). Also, the series of pictures of people are based on the fact that we were "so stuffed" that everyone had to show off their bellies. What a wacky bunch we are, huh?
(And no, there are no pictures of me showing off my belly. Like you need that kind of nightmare.)

3 comments:

Gwenn Mangine said...

ok--
don't think I needed that vis. of Neil either... :)
When is his food baby due?

Melody Strayer said...

Yummo. I could totally gobble that up.

The food.

Not Neil.

Jen said...

it looks so delish -- however, i'm concerned about neil's abdominal distention! lol --- when's he due?