Tuesday, February 5, 2008

OK, let me just explain what I mean...

by "shrieking harpy". Today has been really really really really bad in that department. I was diagnosed a while back with PMDD (pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder), which, as my midwife explained, is "PMS on steroids". Really. No fun. So I've been trying to get my medication straight for it, which is trial and error because everyone reacts differently to these types of medications. I was on Zoloft, which worked pretty well but I gained 20 lbs. In two months. Which of course didn't do much to make my mood very pretty. So she switched me to Prozac, and I can't tell if it's working or not. Some days I'm pretty normal (for me). Others, like today...well, it's like I have friggin' Tourette's or something. (Not the cussing part, but the can't-control-what-comes-out-of-my-mouth-even-if-it's-hateful part). My poor children are going to need therapy. I say that kind of jokingly, but not really.
The Bible says, "The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell...no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." (bolding mine) That is seriously speaking to me today.
If you've got a minute to pray for me, I'd really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Gwenn Mangine said...

I hope you get it worked out...
Have you considered that it could be seasonal?

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Hi. I used to be Rebekah Taylor from Creation (Ken Taylor's daughter). Would you be interested in herbal responses to your pre-menstrual stuff? It would probably help in the not gaining weight area. If so, please email me at joshs_rebekah@yahoo.com.

Rebekah Larson