Saturday, February 2, 2008

I can't find my camera for photographic evidence,

but I DID finish folding my laundry yesterday. Of course, then the kids wore some MORE clothes, so I'm not entirely caught up yet. But at least it's not sitting in overflowing baskets in my kitchen, while the carpool mom is waiting for me to frantically dig through it, trying to find my son some socks to go to pre-school. (Notice the deliberate omission of the word "matching" as an adjective for "socks"...that's not even something that enters into my thinking anymore. I'm actually thinking of doing what a friend of mine does and having a "sock basket" in the closet; all socks go in there when they're clean, and everyone digs through and finds socks for themselves. Oooh, I'm liking the sound of this more and more.)
Anyway, that's my major accomplishment for the day. Today: ironing. (laughing out loud at the thought that I'd actually get it done) My friend Neil (who I probably should have married except for the whole pesky we-both-like-boys thing) bought me the GREATEST Christmas present this year: a steamer. It is so great.
Which leads me to another point: HOW did I get to the point in my life that I thought a steamer was the greatest Christmas present ever? HOW did I get to the point that I was raving about one on the internet?
I do not know, grasshopper. But that's my life for today.

2 comments:

Melody Strayer said...

Your blog makes me laugh. You're a funny lady.

When are you coming to visit?

Nick Mangine said...

UM, new blog post please.