Monday, February 11, 2008

My house is clean.

Well, for the most part. I still have some laundry in the washer/dryer and some more to go, but the sheets have been changed, beds made, bathrooms scrubbed, floor mopped, rugs vacuumed, BEDROOM DUSTED (that's a big one, can ya tell?).
Of course, to accomplish this, I had to postpone (until tomorrow) Katie's school day, ignore my children except to throw some cereal and then some Tuna Helper (barf, but they loved it) at them, and make the littles take a nap (which they're still doing). Katie helped tidy the kids' bedroooms, Micah wailed and moaned that "it's too hard, it will take too looooong!" and Abbie pretty much got in everybody's way and put lip gloss on her face about forty-six times. (Well, a girl's gotta be beautiful to do housework, right?)
I read somewhere that your environment reflects your mind and vice-versa. So I've gotten sucked into this downward spiral of depression and slothfulness that perhaps can be alleviated by getting my butt off the computer and cleaning my house! (Gasp. Gasp. Gasp.) Anyway, I'm tired and bummed that I didn't get a workout in today, but my house looks....well, not "awesome", but I wouldn't be embarrassed to have someone over. Even a reasonably tidy someone.

3 comments:

Melody Strayer said...

Yay for clean houses! I love it when my house is clean! Although I am finding that after spending the entire day cleaning, it usually only stays clean for about 2.5 seconds. Probably even less for you, because of all the kiddos. :)

Jen said...

can ya come do mine now? it's embarrassingly filthy.

Gwenn Mangine said...

i'm jealous... really jealous