Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My favorite "Deep Thought" ever

I've recently added a scrolling "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" feature to my blog. I don't know if it's just me, but I find this Saturday Night Live feature completely hilarious. I always have. To the point that I used to own all his books. (Deep Thoughts, Deeper Thoughts, and Fuzzy Memories. They were "borrowed" by a former roommate, and if you ever want to buy me a present, one/all of those books would be awesome. It might even put you in the Best Gifts of My Life Hall of Fame, along with the clothes steamer and the label-maker that Neil gave me. Also, inexplicably but not unappreciated, one year a giant log of goat cheese. But I digress...)
Anyway, my favorite Deep Thought, possibly of all time is:
"In a previous life, I think I must have been a mighty king, because I like people to do what I say.

Ain't THAT the truth.

No comments: