Friday, March 7, 2008

What have I done to my children?

Well, the disclaimer is that - I DIDN'T do it. My sister did. And I let her. You who know my sister (or read her blog; check it out over to the right) know that Gwenn is a FUNNY woman. The other day, she observed Melody putting on makeup (just regular makeup, not full-on, drag-queen, street-walker makeup), she said, "You're inspiring me; I'm going to put on makeup tody." I'm not sure what sparked the idea to make herself over into Amy Winehouse, but that's what she did. And she offered my daughter Katie and her daughter Nia the same treatment, which they gleefully accepted. (Abbie [my youngest], on the other hand, took one look at Gwenn after I offered her some makeup, and shrieked, "I don't wanna be beautiful!") Anyway, not only did Gwenn make up our daughters as wee little tramps (just kidding, Gwenn!), she did so with an accent worthy of a drama coach (or drama queen). The girls were cracking up, as was I. Afterward, she took them outside for a "fashion shoot", pictures which appear below.
The next day, she (we) decided it was the boys' turn. I do admit that I asked my husband's opinion/permission before letting her at my son's head with a pair of "balding clippers", but my attitude, in general, about hair is: It'll grow back. So that's how Micah and her boys Nico and Josiah ended up with mohawks. For real.
We had SUCH a good "sisters' time" this week. Our children played pretty well together (for the most part; my daughter Abbie is a bit of a whiny-heiny when she doesn't get her way, and Melody's daughter Evie is known to grab big chunks of Josiah's hair and yank, but that's because they're 2 and 8 months, respectively.)
Anyway, pictures:










2 comments:

Gwenn Mangine said...

That was a fun time. I agree wholeheartedly. :)

(PS-- this is actually from Melody, but I am signed in as Gwenn)

OBXNeil said...

Mohawks? Made up like Robert Palmer girls? You guys are really showing your 1980's MTV influences.