Friday, October 31, 2008

Daddy Daycare...Nia-style



It's really just the first 15 seconds or so you should watch....then "listen in" on this conversation w/' my 5-year-old niece, Nia:
(Keep in mind that I am NOT making fun of people w/ allergies. I totally get that it's a serious thing. Having never had them myself or dealt with them in any of my children, I wanted to make sure I was getting it right. Hence the conversation on the way to the grocery store.)

Me: OK, Nia, Nico's not allergic to anything, is he?
Nia: Yes, he's allergic to milk. He can't have milk in a cup.
Me: But if I bake a cake and it has milk in it, that's OK? Just not to drink?
Nia: Yeah, I think so.
Me: And Josiah's only allergic to eggs, yes?
Nia: Yes, just eggs. DO NOT give him ANYTHING with eggs in it. That means NO waffles and NO pancakes! And no eggs.
Me: And you're just allergic to bunnies, right?
Nia: Just bunnies. And dust mites. And amoxicillin.

I about drove off the road, I was giggling so much. I love that kid.

No comments: